Saturday, December 19, 2009

Sparks of love...

Alex LOVES going to Sparks on Wednesdays (so do I!). The group that he's in is wonderful, we LOVE his Sparks friends!

One of the boys joined our class a month late, he and Alex were instant best buddies! This week when Jacob's mom brought him to class she asked me if Alex would like to have a playdate - Jacob told her that Alex is his best friend and he LOVES him! SO sweet! Jacob's family moved to MN from Colorado 7 months ago and he's homeschooled and in need of playdates - we cannot wait!

The kids had a reindeer headband craft this week. We got them to pose with their headbands (L-R: Luke, Michelle, Ellie, Alex, Jacob and Logan):

Things that I LOVE about this picture:
1. Alex is HAPPY!
2. Alex tries to put his arms around ALL of his friends - he has so much LOVE to give!
3. My child was the only one that decided to grab a red marker and give himself a red nose to be Rudolph...although he offered to paint everyone's noses with the marker, they declined (as I scrubbed his nose later that evening, he regretted being Rudolph!).
4. LOVE that Alex and I have found such a great church program that fits him perfectly!

Of course we let the kids do a silly pose:


What great memories!! Such a fun class! I'm very thankful for this opportunity for Alex!

2 comments:

amber said...

i love that he painted his nose red...that's classic! :)

Jenny said...

I LOVE that he is loving Sparks! And what a wonderful mommy you are making sure he is in God's house learning all about HIM and loving one another! Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.
Love you both!