Friday, September 30, 2011

Stitched with Love...

Haley redecorated her dorm room - her colors are red and purple! Love it, but we couldn't find a comforter in her colors. She went with a black and white comforter with purple and red pillow/accents. Her 20th birthday was approaching + I've always wanted to quilt = a long, skinny quilt with lots of mistakes, but every stitch is filled with love:

I backed it with red flannel.

I had some extra fabric left over, so I made a throw pillow:


The pillow looked a little plain, so I free-hand stitched "Haley" on it because everything's better with a monogram:



I hope she loves it and overlooks the horrible sewing job!

I cannot believe that Haley's 20. We miss her so much and cannot wait to see her over the holidays!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh Jonnelle, it's beautiful!!! What a wonderful thing to do for Haley. And I love that you hand-stitched her name. I know she will treasure the quilt and pillow forever. We love all of your homemade goodies!

tirzahdawn said...

I am in tears! This is just beautiful!!!!! I know that she will LOVE It as much as the love that went into it. It is just stunning!

Cathy said...

Congratulations! A job well done and sure to be loved!