This summer I took a woman's Bible study and we read verses from the Bible, choosing our theme that we wanted to work on. See if you can guess mine! (answer at the end) I wanted to make a journal or something to remember the wonderful verses that we read, so this class was perfect! I used every tag that they gave us to record the verses - it has lots going on, but I wanted to use it as a devotional. Take a look:
My theme was GENUINE. I want to become a more genuine Christian - strengthening my relationship with Christ through prayer and studying my Bible and let my life show to those around me that I'm a Christian - living by example, having people say/know that I'm a daughter of God, not just because I tell them, but I show them through my life/words/generosity/actions. I also want to become a more genuine person living in Minnesota (at first thought a more genuine Minnesotan, but I'll never be that, I'll always for a Tallahassian/Tennessean!) - for the almost 4 years that I've been here, I've been living looking towards the time when I get to leave. I don't need to do that anymore, I need to live like I have in every other state I've been in, enjoying my time here and finding the good in it. I haven't made friends because they don't open themselves up, let people in, but I'm guilty of that as well. I need to be genuine in opening myself up to Minnesotans, letting them in.
Whew, I've babbled on enough - thanks for "listening"!
Have a wonderful weekend!






1 comment:
WOW! This book is gorgeous and your theme is perfect!
Post a Comment