Friday, July 12, 2013

Pinterest Made Me Do It #15...

We have a small patio area that needs decor and since this summer's theme is crafting with what I have (with an item or two from the Dollar store/Goodwill), I used this pin for an outdoor wreath inspiration.
My supplies, a bag of moss, a wreath and three packs of clay post from the Dollar Tree ($5 if you're keeping count!) and string, scissors, glue & gun from my craft hoarding supplies:
 
I started by gluing the pots on one at a time them wrapping it securely to the wreath with clear string:
 
Once all the pots were on, I glue gunned moss to the wreath, making a huge mess:
As you can see in the top left corner, those are broken pots - I broke them ON PURPOSE and it was FUN!  I needed more pots for fillers, but refused to buy any more supplies (read: didn't want to change out of my pj's and leave the house!), so I went out to the patio and threw down my leftover 3 posts and viola:
I got three perennials from the farmers market for the pots and hung a trusty 3M hook on our privacy wall/fence that separates our patio from our neighbor's.
 
 
 
Here's our patio:
 
 
Oh look, it's the cutest fastest growing thing in our house:
 He grows taller and sweeter every day.  NO. JOKE.  seriously sweet and always thanking us for taking him places and telling Bigs and I that we're "the best".  Crossing my fingers that he'll feel the same way when he's a teen!  Hehe, not likely, is it?!
Thanks for stoppin by!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Love your wreath, but love that nephew of mine even more! What great examples of love and kindness he has in you and BA. He is such a sweetheart. Thank you for being such a wonderful mommy to him. Love and miss you all very much!