Friday, August 9, 2013

Pinterest Made Me Do It #22.....

Today's post is a little Flash back on "Pinterest Made Me Do It" because back on #4, I made a fabric covered bulletin board for Alex.  I still had one for me and found some super cute fabric in my stash and knew that it was my turn to get a bulletin board! 
Here are my supplies:
 
Luckily the spray adhesive is giving, allowing me to move the fabric around some:
 
Once the fabric is set, it was time to use my thumbtacks (make sure not to attach fabric to the back before this step so that it has some give):
Being the picky person that I am, I didn't like how the silver thumb tacks looked.
 
So I thought maybe I'd cover each tack with a button:
 Unfortunately, I didn't have enough buttons, so that would be expensive to go the button route.
 
I spent $1.88 at the WalMarts for som white thumbtacks:
They were perfect!
 
Here's a peek at my scrap area:
 
 Excuse the mess on the desk, Alex was there!  (love that he uses the area too!)
 
Over in the flower/ribbon corner is my cool tray:
 
 Then my fabric area/reading nook:
 
I have lots more ideas for decorating the craft space, but am trying to only use what I have on hand!

No comments: