Our monthly meetings are held on the first Friday of every month and this month was my last meeting. My MVP said she scheduled the speaker, I called her the day before because I didn't even know the speaker's name to introduce him, so she gave me the info. Jessica calls me the night before the meeting to tell me that the church that we hold the meetings at is having a meeting and we cannot get in until 10! Our meetings start at 10 and she and I get there at 9:30 to set up. Well, you know me, never on time, I show up at 10 on the dot. Everyone is there! The room is set up! There are balloons and streamers and the all yell, "SURPRISE!" I'm a little confused (well, okay, a LOT confused) and ask Jessica if the speaker has arrived yet - there's NO speaker, my awesome MOMS Club mommy-friends have been planning a surprise going away party for Alex and me, complete with a snowflake theme - haha!
Here's Jessica and Rachel playing "Jonnelle" trivia:
One of our members baked two HUGE delicious cakes for us
Sneaky Jessica has been planning this in her mind since the day I told her we were moving and she was to take over the Presidency!! She ROCKS!!!! And those of you who know her, know that she is the MOST talented scrapbooker ever...well, she made us a scrapbook of our life in Edmond and with the MOMS Club. She asked the moms to each make a page for the book with pictures of their family. It's SO incredible - the BEST gift ever!!!! I've looked at it a million times and will look at it millions more!!
Then after yummy cake, we went to CiCi's pizza, as planned, so it was THE best day because you know that's Alex's all-time favorite restaurant!! And to make the day even better (I know, it's almost impossible), Jessica brought all three of her girls over to hang out with us and have dinner while she went to work (sorry you missed all of the fun Jess!). Maddy got to stay the night, but Vinod came and got Tabitha and Abby. It was great!
We had awesome weather yesterday, so all four of the kids had a great time playing out back - we're going to miss those Joshi girls SO, so, SO much!!! Alex and Abby are starting to hug on each other for 5 minutes every time they leave each other, it's so sweet, they all treat Alex like he's their brother.
Sniff, sniff...it's going to be hard to leave Edmond....






No comments:
Post a Comment