Saturday, December 8, 2007

Greetings from the land of snow and ice...

Well, we made it, but it was only because God answered my many, many prayers that I said while skidding down the interstate - we had two bad incidences that could have very easily turned into accidents, but luckily we stayed on the road (barely) and said prayers for all of those cars turned upside down and on their sides as we went past.

On top of the move, Alex got sick and had to miss his last two days of school, very sad. And being the sweet sharer that he is, he passed it on to me, so I was swiggin TheraFlu the whole trip! I've retreated to my grandmother's medicine - a hot toddy, it hits the spot and makes me feel OH so good! (apple cider with gold rum - yummo!)

My car has finally turned on us, it wants to go back to its original home of South Carolina where is balmy & warm (so do I!) - it's thermostat has quit working and the car sits on cold and blows cold air through the vents, except when you idle, then it heats back up - yikes! And on top of that, when we came out of the grocery (where you bag your own groceries - I knew to expect this, but Andy didn't so it was quite a sight, no more sweet Publix bag boys who not only bag for you, but carry it out to your car and load it, but won't ever take a tip! God bless Southern hospitality!) we had a flat tire! Luckily my ever-ready-handy husband had a can of fix-a-flat and a portable air compressor and fixed us right up!!

Our apartment is nice and I even have an underground parking spot for my car - Alex gets a kick out of me getting us one of the shopping carts that they have for us to tote our stuff upstairs in the elevator. Today with Daddy, he discovered that there is a car wash area in the parking garage, oh what fun!

I have no pictures to post right now, but I will soon because it's truly a winter wonderland here - we're in the woods...Alex and Daddy watched an owl from our window this morning, so exciting!!

Well, my cornbread is done cooking - we're having white beans with ham...you can take us out of the south, but you cannot take the south out of us!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I'm so glad you made it safely!! That sounded stressful!! I hope you get to feeling better. I can't wait to see pictures! Take care!
Kristi