The house is now ours (notice I didn't say closing went well, it was an experience, but all said and done, the house belongs to us!) and we couldn't be happier!
Our realtor came over with a bobcat to clear our driveway (it hasn't been done at all this winter and after both he and Andy drove their 4wheel drive trucks on it, it wasn't pretty!) and heavily salted it, then took Andy out for beers to help him relax after a very stressful day!
Realtor Shawn also told us to go to Appliance Smart to get our appliances and all I can say is WOW! We walked out of there with a gas dryer, frig and stove for what we had budgeted just for a frig! YAY - it was so fun to walk into the store and pick exactly what I wanted, getting the upgraded stove even (thanks Leah for your advice, love you!).
So today the temp is supposed to peak above freezing (high of 2!) and we're going to pack up LOTS of stuff from here and head to the house. Andy's boss is helping him move the new appliances into their perspective spots. The movers are coming tomorrow - woo hoo. The unpackers are coming on Tuesday. We will be in our house Tuesday for good (we have to be out of the apartment by midnight on Tuesday) and have a meeting on Wednesday with our new school district to get Alex enrolled in school. Whew, my head is spinning, but it's a good thing!
BIG {{hugs}} to all of you for your thoughts and prayers, they were very appreciate and needed!
1 year ago






4 comments:
YAY!! I'm glad you're almost there!! That's great about the appliances! Sounds like you had a wonderful realtor!
Congratulations! You are in for a crazy time unpacking, but you are on your way to getting settled in and that will be reallly great!
Good luck!
missy
I am doing cartwheels for you! I am so happy you are getting into your home!
Woo Hoo!! I am so excited for you guys!
Post a Comment