So what to do in disaster mode? Why fix a big cup of coffee and sit on the floor in front of my make-shift computer to catch up with email!!
We are in our house with ALL of our stuff - the movers came at 8 on Monday and by time they left at 3, the two semi's were unloaded and the had unpack almost every box, leaving things in piles on the counters and floors ( there were 7 of them and they worked fast - the falling snow and negative temperature will make them work quick!). I'm so glad that I won't have to unpack but a few stragglin boxes, but seeing piles of stuff is overwhelming! I'm such a procrastinator though that I can walk around boxes, I cannot walk around piles (at least for too long!), but it makes me realize that we have too much unneeded stuff that will be heading to Goodwill.
Alex and I had a transition meeting yesterday with the old school district and the one that we're in now - GOOD news, he's enrolled, his super-sweet teacher was at the meeting - we're gonna love her and we're touring his class on Tuesday at which time they'll give us the date/time for his IEP meeting. So at the IEP meeting they'll give us his starting date. He'll be going M-F, 9:00-1:00, eating lunch there and taking the bus to and from school (I really like taking him, but because of the road conditions, the bus is the smarter option - man he'd be late every day if I had to take him!). Such wonderful news there!
Another goodness that has happened is that my craft room is gonna be ALL mine - hehe! After only half the boxes were unpacked in my room, the mover told Andy that there was NO more room, so that's where the majority of the boxes that need unpacking are. Andy said that I have TOO much stuff and he was very worried that there was no room for the computer, so would I want the room to myself and have the computer in the small room off of the kitchen?? Heck yes! I have to say that I love having the computer near by to chat over at j4k, look at my saved ideas, scan in layouts, etc. while crafting, but to have the whole room just for my stuff - looooooove it (I sang that, you're lucky not to have heard it, it wasn't pretty!), I might even make a pretty little sign for the door that says, "no boys allowed" - hehe! Andy did have the cable guy activate the outlet in my room in case we upgrade computers, he'll give me the old one, but what he doesn't realize is that I WILL be taking my mack-daddy printer/scanner with me.
Okay, enough rambling, I need to get over to j4k to see all of the awesome stuff the girlies have been up to while I've been away and then I'll get back to work on the piles.
Have a happy day!
1 year ago






1 comment:
You defiantely need that sign!!!!
I am sure all of your stuff is happy to be in a home even if it is all over the place hehe.
Post a Comment