Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!!

Warning: loooooong post, but lots to look at!!

I heard a rumor that it was Spring...if it's true, someone please let Minnesota know because it started snowing on the first day of Spring and hasn't stopped. Seriously!

Andy's boss kindly came over to clear our driveway after we got about a foot of snow, and that was in just 1 day! Luckily since then the snow has been lighter and the weather warmer, so it melts enough that I can shovel the driveway.
The Easter bunny hippity-hopped through the snow to get to our house:

Alex and I made these cakes:
Easter would NOT be Easter without a coconut cake with lemon filling and I made a small cake for Alex (he won't do coconut or lemon) with a sprinkle BUNNY on it. STOP laughing, it was made with love and when I asked Alex what it was, he did say bunny!!
Here are some pictures of our trip to the Mall of America:
Alex is in the front, on the far left and he has THE biggest grin on his face!!
This boy LOVES rides, he's not screaming from fear here (as I would be!!), he's having the time of his life!!



Because it was the opening of Nickolodeon Universe (they redid the amusement park with the Nick theme), they had characters for the kids to meet and Alex was SO excited to meet Pablo from the Backyardigans:
Dare-devil on the roller coaster!

My bumper car driver:


He FINALLY got to ride the blue dragon (last visit there was a slight melt-down because someone got to it first):


Playing at LegoLand after making his purchase with his gift card from the Joshi's (he LOVED paying all by himself with his card!!):
At home the next day playing with his SpongeBob Lego rocket that he bought with his gift card:

And lastly, some of my recent creations:

A little Easter tradition that I love is making bracelets for my neices to match their dresses:


A challenge at j4k about things you love/favorite things:

Another j4k challenge:
And yet another j4k challenge (I treated myself to the Fiskar's butterfly template, lovin butterflies these days):

Have a blessed Easter!!









1 comment:

Kristi said...

WOW, I want to go to the Mall of America!!! Love the bracelets! And, now I'm wanting a coconut cake!!!! Thanks!! LOL
Snow, snow, go away, come again on a winter day!!