Sunday, March 16, 2008

My baby is 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex woke up super early this morning to tell me that is was his birthday! Yes it is, he's 5 today - I cannot believe it, I kept waking up throught the early hours looking at the clock for some insane reason - I guess wanting to be awake at 2:45 am, the exact time of the birth of my little man. Yesterday I kept stopping throughout the day/night thinking about what was happening at that moment 5 years ago. So many excited, nervous moments!


Here's a few pictures from today:






Gramps & Grandmother got him Mouse Trap (one of mommy's fave childhood games!) and we have already played twice today!





Aunt Jenny went all out with the Transformers (on the card, paper and the presents!!)




He's one happy boy!




Packages have been coming from relatives this past week and I put them up, so Alex was especially surprised to see everything that had come for him! It's definitely the year of the action figures for him: Transformers, Star Wars, Planet Heroes, Power Rangers, he loves them all!

After he played with everything, we had cake (he couldn't wait ANY longer!):





He picked out his cake and reminded me every day that we had to go on Saturday to pick it up!

He's wearing his crown that his teachers made for him (the covered it in his favorite color- blue and Spiderman stickers (Spidey is his fave when he's at school!):











He's upstairs right now about to fall asleep - waking up too early + sugar overload = a nap/rest for my 5 year old! We're headed to the Mall of America to shop at LegoLand, have a little dinner, ride some rides and whatever else tickles our fancy!

3 comments:

RHMandK Brown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEX! We wish we could have helped you blow out those candles (and eat the cake and play at Legoland!). What a great picture of him with all his presents. Love it! Hope you had a fantastic day!

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday Alex!! I can't believe he is 5!!! Time really does fly!! I hope you all had a wonderful day!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday to your little man!! How exciting!! So glad he had a great day!!