Saturday, May 24, 2008

My life right now...

Well, we've become dandilioin farmers! This is our yard:



Yikes, I know, but TruGreen is coming out this week to spray, so we'll see!


Here is the flower bed that only contains three hostas, so on my mind is what to put here?
I'd love a rose bush, but it doesn't get enough sun. So for now, it'll just stay bare.
I'm such a sucker for flip flops, Loooooove them and here is my newest addition to my collection:
I got them at a little specialty store and they fly like hotcakes there, but I've been on the wait list for this style and just adore them!
I've been shopping around town this last week to decorate our office since we now have all of our furniture in there. I'm not having much luck finding anything to put in the shelves of the hutch, so I'll maybe just stick some pictures in there (everything I've brought home has been too tall). I did get some candles for the sconces, but not sure if I like them - what do you think (I'm thinking it needs something taller, so that's why the price tags are still on the candles)?
I got that long throw pillow for $7 at Marshalls!!! Love the lil bit of color that it adds.
Speaking of color, here's our dining room and on the table, that's the swatch of color we chose - Ralph Lauren's Tapestry Green. I wanted a long centerpiece, but not sure if I'm loving this, it reminds me of something that you'd see at the front alter of the church - am I just being too picky??
Other news in my life right now is that I am back on South Beach Diet, started it Monday and doing great (I've even walked a couple of days when it hasn't been too cold!):
We're eating tons of veggies and I just love using lots of fresh herbs, lime juice, EVOO and different vinegars on everything!
So this is my new fave snack - I actually started eating it before I started SB, but remembered that I could still eat it on the diet, so that helped push me along to getting back into action. It's marinated Edamame:
1 bag of frozen, still in the shell edamame (soy beans)
2 T low sodium soy sauce
1 T sesame seed oil
1 t sea salt
1 t minced garlic
Mix sauce together, toss frozen edamame in sauce, stirring to coat, cover with lid, set on counter to defrost, shaking the bowl periodically!
So yummy and delish, got the recipe from my Japanese/Hawaiin friend here in MN - we've nicknamed them the Japanese boiled peanut cause all of the yummy seasoning is on the shell, but you only eat the insides!
Thanks for peeking at my life right now~

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Good luck w/ the diet!! I'm about to start something, just not quite sure what??? I have GOT to lose weight!!!! Let me know how this is!
Love the flip flops!!!
Alex looks so cute in that fireman's hat!!
Hope your finger heals fast!