Saturday, May 24, 2008

GoOoOod mail day, so good that it led to a trip to the walk-in clinic...

I'm a Fiskateer!! #3715

Every Fiskateer is sent a pair of scissors with their number etched on the blade, very exciting, I know!! And the scissors are green and orange, one of my fave color combos! There was orange paper confetti in the box to make it extra fun and a green canvas bag just for storing my special scissors - will I ever use them? That is the BIG question, I think I might just want to save them for looks - any Fiskateers reading my lil blog? Do you use yours or just leave them for eye candy???

The box had a cute mailing label with my name/address/ Fiskateer # and I wanted to make sure to keep it, even though to get the box open, I had to cut the label right in half. Well, that would just NOT do. I grab my searated tomato knife that's drying on the towel and proceed to slice through the box to claim my prize and keep the label all in one piece. And wouldn't you know, me being SO (NOT) graceful, I sliced my left pointy finger in the process. Good news, it wasn't that long of a cut. Bad news, it was deep enough that I thought I should go have a professional look at it. Good news, while having my throbbing, bleeding finger wrapped tight in a paper towel, I made sure to take pictures of my Fiskateer delights for you to see (and for me to scrapbook one day!):



So went to a brand new walk-in clinic, I filled out a few papers (they were very thoughtful to my predicament) and the whisked me back to a doctor. He gave me two choices, two stitches with lots of pain to get the finger numb or some steri-strips to close it up without pain. DUH, give me option number 2! What he failed to mention was that he was going to thoroughly clean out the wound which hurt like a son-of-a-gun, yeeeeeoooow, but I was tough (didn't want to cry or scream since Alex was sitting there in the room and it would have scared him off of doctor's offices for good!). Oh and they gave me a tetnis (sp?) shot since there was a metal object involved and I have no idea how long it's been since I've had one, that shot was a breeze, barely felt it at all, until the next day and the day after that and probably the next day too - it is sore around the shot sight. Man, I'm tough!


Okay, three blogs for one night is making my eyes cross and probably more than you wanted to learn about me anyhow!


Nighty-night!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I LOVE my new Fiskateers scissors!! They are so AWESOME and I was so happy when they arrived..and yes, I have used them. :-)

I hope your finger is feeling better. It is hard to be tough when you want to cry out in pain.

3 Great Girls said...

The things we do for the love of scrappy supplies!

Did you at least get a cute band-aid?