Alex's dad went fishing and caught MN's state fish, walleye. I fried it up and it was yummy, Alex tried it (with lots of coaxing) and loved it, ate quite a bit:
Alex and I on Mother's Day:
Haley's recipe album (I made it from the awesome stash of Teresa Collins' papers that sweet Dawn gave me for my birthday), I put all of our family recipes in here, with notes about most of them and she just loved it! (thanks Dawn!!!)

Now, on to our trip to TN!!
On Saturday, my sister and I drove to Knoxville. We went to lunch with Haley, Alex, my sil Jenny and two of her sweeties, Maddy & Katy.
Here I am with the graduate:
Me and my sil Jenny (we joked because we always seem to dress in the same color, never planned and this time, we had the same haircut too!):
Sweet Katy-bug and Haley (Haley's cousins all adore her and she is always happy to have one on her lap!):
Maddy and Alex:
Then the big night!!
Alex wanted to give Haley flowers, so Jen & I got her these beautiful sunflowers that he insisted on holding the entire graduation. He was SO excited to give them to her (he said, "Haley, you did a great job!"):

Haley with her diploma and her Salutatorian certificate (she was a little upset not to make Valedictorian, but didn't really want to have to get up and give a speech):

Alex was just so proud of his sister, he loves her SO much:

Haley with her diploma and her Salutatorian certificate (she was a little upset not to make Valedictorian, but didn't really want to have to get up and give a speech):
Alex was just so proud of his sister, he loves her SO much:
Alex was so funny, when I introduced him to Haley's mom (she's hasn't seen him in a few years), he said, "I'm Haley's brother, Alex Buhl!" and then when he met Haley's other brother, he definitely didn't like that, he might have given him a little bit of "stink eye"!!! He's so funny and extremely protective of his sister!






1 comment:
Yeah! for Haley. She is beautiful and I can see just how proud you and Alex are of her.
I am glad you had a good trip.
Post a Comment