
YOU gave us the Bible that he loves to learn, earning jewels like he did last night. He loves his new red jewel on his flight wings.
YOU knew that he has been saving his Sparks Shares so that he could buy a stuffed penguin, not spending them on trinkets on store nights, but holding onto every Share in hopes for one of the dozens of penguins that the store has had.
YOU knew that he had 29 shares and was broken-hearted when a friend came back from the store and said that the penguins were 30 shares, but when I walked him to the store, there was only ONE penguin left so they put it in the 25 shares bin!! So not only did he get to buy the LAST penguin, but he also go to buy an airplane.
YOU have helped him overcome his speech delay so that he was able to tell everyone that would listen how he'd been saving for "Pengui" the penguin for a "long, long time" and it was "only 25 bucks so I got a 3 buck airplane too - woo hoo"!!
YOU gave us a church filled with kind people that patiently listened to him and smiled when he told Pengui's story in a not-so-inside voice because they could see and hear his excitement!
Thank you Lord for Alex and all that he brings to my life!






3 comments:
Oh Jonnelle! That brought me to tears! I am so thankful for you and the Mommy you are to my precious nephew! I am praying for both of you and that the Lord will continue to bless you abundantly. I love you both so much!
I want to cry -- what an amazing moment. How wonderful that you can find such joy after a year (okay, more than a year) of such upheaval. I am thrilled for Alex -- the tenacity, patience, hard work, pride, speech -- all of it. Proud mama made each person who reads this feel exactly how you felt. Wow. That is a true testament to our many blessings. Thank you for sharing! We miss you so much!
I just want to give you both a hug! You ARE truly blessed!!!
Post a Comment