It was 11 years old and had served Alex and I well, taking us from SC to VA to OK to MN ( it didn't like the winters here, cannot blame it! ).
When I found out I was going to have to get a new car, I called my sister and asked her if she were to get rid of "the bus" (her 10 year old Yukon XL), would she be sad. She said "yes", she gets it. Don't get me wrong, I was excited to get a newer car, maybe an automatic with leather. But I would miss the prune juice splatters on the ceiling from when Alex was going through the stage, around 18 months old, when he flicked the straw in his sippies and juice left in the tip went flying. I would miss the red crayon stain in the backseat where a crayon left out on the seat melted while we played with friends at a cool park in Edmond, OK and when Alex got in, he smeared it. I would miss the sunroof shield that was cracked from when Alex climbed out of the sunroof to show off for his girlfriends here in MN. Ah, the memories!
So, rest in peace white car...I miss your sunroof, your cool spoiler and your Bose stereo system, although I do not miss your broken ghetto key or shifting gears, but you were a good car and left big shoes to fill. Hopefully this car can do it:
A 2006 Dodge Charger. Automatic (!), grey leather interior (!), a fold-down arm rest in the backseat with cupholders for Alex and since I do like a fast car, it's a Hemi (with micro-chips, cold air intake, or somethin-somethin doo-doo like that!).
It's pretty, but it will look even better once I get an orange T for the back window!!






5 comments:
Sweet ride girl! I know what you mean about the memories from the 'comfort zone' of your old car, but change is good!
DROOL!!! Love the new car!! But I completely understand the sadness of replacing it... Had to do that myself a few years ago after driving my trusty car for 7 years!!
Fun car!! Enjoy it :)
So sorry about having to get rid of your car, it's like losing part of your family! I LOVE your new one, though! Especially the color! Have fun and be safe! Love you!
Enjoy! Nice red color :)
Post a Comment