My "grandma's fork":
This isn't my Grandma Chapin's fork, but one just like hers. I cannot mix anything up without using it; even if it's dirty, I wash it so I can use it. It's THE best! It reminds me of making beer bread with my Grandma or dump cake or this super yummy cherry/whip cream/pineapple concoction that I need to try to recreate.
My sister has one too and she actually accused me of taking hers with me when I left her house last time. She couldn't find it and thought I took hers! That's how much we love our Grandma Chapin forks!!
What do you have around your house that makes you happy and remember someone?






2 comments:
I have my great grandmas pie plates. I love getting them out around the holidays and making my pies. It reminds me of all of the holidays spent with her cooking in the kitchen.
a Rockefellers book of my grandpa. It was always on the their bookshelf, but the title wrapped around the book. So, when I was little I didn't want to pull the book off their shelf, but I could never figure out the title. When he died that was one of two things of his I really wanted (and got with a fight:)
Post a Comment