Thursday, June 3, 2010

Water Play Afternoon...

Every day Alex gets off the bus, he asks if I have a surprise for him - some days I do, some days I don't.
It was a HOT Friday and I had a fun surprise for him...I set up all our water toys in the backyard! He ran to the neighbor next door and invited her over:

Our pool sprung a leak, but we had fun on the slip n slide:


I didn't get any more pictures of the festivities because the two boys from across the street came over and it was water mania, not camera friendly! Plus I had a hundred or so water balloons to fill/tie for them! They chased each other around the whole yard with water gun, water balloons, water sprayers...oh the fun!

Alex gets 1 item when we go to the Dollar Tree, well last visit he chose a paper tiki bar (he was WAY disappointed that it was only 12 inches tall, he thought he was going to be able to stand in it and serve drinks!), a paper totem pole and fun plastic drinking glasses (yes, I know that's more than one item!). He loved that I brought the tiki bar outside and pinned up his totem pole. He served his guests orange soda from the fun glasses...such a good little host!

After the boys went home, Alex and Elaine played with Moon Sand until her mom called her home.

All the while, she just watched the crazy action, laying in the sun:


I love that Alex has neighbor friends to play with, makes me thankful and happy!
We were all pooped after our fun water play afternoon...Daisy and I might have gone to bed right after we put Alex to bed and closed up the house!

3 comments:

carriefish said...

great neighbors are priceless! Glad you've got some good ones :)

LollyChops said...

Awwww... you sound like the greatest mommy EVER!!!! I want to come over and play too!

Hugs to Alex and Moon Sand!

Jenny said...

I know all the neighbors are always going to want to be at your house where all the fun is! I love how you and Alex are so kind and thoughtful to everyone! And I really love seeing you both happy!