Saturday, August 7, 2010

Summer Adventures Continues...

Welcome to Paradise!

Our last stop in our summer adventure was to my parent's beach house on Dog Island, FL. It was a week & a half filled with serene, calm, beautiful views and lots of loud, fun family time!

We got there in the evening, just in time to eat some of MawMaw's delicious cooking then head outside to take advantage of the low tide for skim-boarding.

Logan & Connor brought an extra board for Alex.

Logan started giving Alex a how-to-refresher:





He had fun, no tears or frustration when he fell, just laughs!

Always the family clown, Connor wanted to show Alex a fun way to use his board:
Alex adores Connor and followed right behind him:


Scuba Steve (my brother in law, Stevie), was the official vacation photographer:


I loved watching the boys, especially with the gorgeous sunset as the backdrop:




But my most favorite part of the evening was getting some girl time with Haley:

She and I had a great time catching up since we haven't seen her since Christmas (and that was a short visit). Oooooh, I just love that girl - smart, sweet and beautiful, not to mention a kind, patient sister to Alex.
More pictures from our Dog Island vacation to come! :)

4 comments:

amber said...

that sunset is gorgeous!!! looks like you had a wonderful vacation! :)

RHMandK Brown said...

Oh I want to be on that vacation with you. #1....because we miss you guys and our days in Edmond seem like eons ago #2....because everyone looks so relaxed and happy....it's so nice to see you guys looking that way and #3....what a beautiful sunset. I think I'll just stare at the picture and pretend it's my window for a little bit. What a great summer for you guys!

tirzahdawn said...

Looks like your vacation was just what you needed, a breath of fresh air. Great pictures. Haley is just beautiful as are you and Alex looks like he is just having a BALL.

Sweet~N~Scrappy said...

Great pictures! I feel like I have been on vacation with you! :) Thanks for sharing your adventures with us!