Monday, September 6, 2010

Summer...

is coming to an end.
Soon, it will be off to 2nd grade for this little man:

He won't be able to watch Dinosaur Train in a gladiator helmet, but it will be nice to have a scheduled day!

We went to get his eyes checked to make sure he could see the board clearly:


His new glasses are ordered and hopefully will be here in time for school to start!
Also in preparation for the start of school, we have all school supplies bought, labeled and ready for Open House. New school clothes have been bought, washed and hung up. Such an exciting time of year ( I think I'm more excited than Alex )!

The weather has cooled off, which is nice but sad for my tomatoes:

Alex and I have enjoyed picking these beauties every day. Next summer, I really need to plant more veggies - I love seeing the excitement on Alex's face when they're ready to pick!

Other things we're going to miss about summer (that we didn't get pictures of this summer):
-going to the water park (definitely worth getting the punch card at the beginning of the summer!)
-walking to the downtown ice cream hut
-visiting lots of local parks
-the splash pad (free and fun!)
- playing at the beach on the lake (free and fun!)
- the farmer's market (Alex loves the baker with the pepperoni loaf!)
- bowling during the middle of the day (no crowds so we don't have to wait for a lane plus there's no one there to see that even with bumpers, I came in last place!)
-grilling out (love my Weber grill, but not so much that I'll get it out in the winter!)
We are looking forward to cool evenings to use our firepit and of course FOOTBALL!
What will you miss about summer?

No comments: