Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Alex's Tree...

It's amazing how happy a fiber-optic table top Christmas tree can make a little boy, but it did! I put up this tree in Alex's bedroom and he just loved it and it was a beautiful night light for him:



My sister gave me two beautiful glass candy ornaments that was the inspiration behind decorating the tree:


Alex loves nutcrackers, so I made sure to get him some new ones to protect his tree:

There's a big nutcracker sitting on the floor that's old and his paint is chipping, but Alex LOVES it! He asked me for a nutcracker holding a gun this year - I'm not having much luck finding one, but the search is part of the fun! :)

I love that little things like having a tree in his room make him SO happy - thank you Lord for giving me such a sweet lil gift!!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Bryant had a tree in his room for a few years too, and he loved it. We did not do it this year, because his room is under construction. He also collects Nutcrackers. He has been fascinated by them since he was really little. So funny how much our boys have in common. :0)

tirzahdawn said...

We use our trees as a night light as well. I love that Alex is collecting nutcrackers. What fun that must be. :)