Sunday, September 4, 2011

Open House...

Alex had his Open House at school and it was GREAT! He's going to have an amazing year in 3rd grade. His teacher is Mr. Lahti and is very kind, patient and loves having the special needs students in his class. (I was in his class once last year with two special needs students and was very impressed and excited for Alex!) Alex has a new A+ (Lakeville's Autistic Program) teacher, but she was there last year in the room next door and knows him well, so I don't foresee any bumps in the transition there (thank you Lord for the answered prayers!).
Here he is putting his nametag on his locker with some help from his dad:

(sorry for the bad cellphone picture - I am NOT liking my phone at all)
My big 3rd grader:

As always, I'm excited for this new chapter in Alex's life, I know he'll have a great year. Our school district, his school and everyone who works there are all such a blessing to us!


2 comments:

Dawn said...

It is going to be a great school year! It looks like Alex has the best support group around him and that is what is most important. Have a great year Alex!

Jenny said...

God is so good! I'm so happy for Alex and all of the wonderful people that the LORD has put in his path. We are praying for him to have the best year in 3rd grade and are looking forward to hearing all about the great things he does. Love and hugs to all of you!