I do want to share our conversation at bedtime last night, it came out of left field for sure and had me laughing!
Alex: mom, don't I have cousins in Canada?
Me: yes you do
A: do they speak English? Do they understand English?
M: yes they do, but they know French also
A: I want to go there, I know how to speak Canada-ahy
M: What's Canada-ahy?
A: That's what they speak in Canada, they put "ahy" at the end of their words. Like ice-cream-ahy and video games-ahy. I can talk to my cousins in Canada-ahy, so we can go visit them!
M: (at this point I'm crying laughing!) You've been to Canada before, when you were almost 1.
A: no way-ahy! That must have been when I learn to speak Canada-ahy. Did I like it, ahy? When can I go again, ahy?
M: go to sleep! Goodnight
A: Goodnight mom. I love you ahy!
Where does he come up with this stuff?! Just for one day, I'd love to hear what goes on in his brain, I know there's amazing stuff going on in there!
Have a great, long weekend, ahy!






No comments:
Post a Comment