Saturday, October 20, 2007

A Heart-warming Morning

Today our MOMS Club walked in the OKC Race for the Cure. It was a beautiful weather day and a wonderful event - I'm so happy that I was able to take part in it. We all wore pink signs on our back to tell who we were walking for - mine said in Dedication to "My Maw".
Alex rode the whole way in his stroller and loved getting cups of water from the cute girls along the way - I brought his video game for him to play so he wouldn't get bored during the 5 miles, but he played it before the walk and after - he had no interest in it during the walk, it was just too wonderful of a sight to see everyone that came out to walk, to cheer us on and to entertain us.
We left the house at 6:45, so Alex had breakfast along the way, but he woke up very happy and excited about going on a walk with our friends.





The early morning stroller brigade lines up:


I tried to get a shot of the crowd while we were going uphill - we were about in the middle of the crowd, to give you an idea of how many walkers there were:



I'll post our group picture later (for simplicity, we took one group photo on someone else's camera and she'll send it to us soon!).

No comments: