It was a chilly day here in Edmond, but the sun was bright, a perfect Thanksgiving day full of watching the parade, turkey, dressing, and the dessert that flopped...
Yes, the picture behind it is what it's supposed to look like...urrrrrr. So, I figured out what I did wrong, so I know what to change if I were to make it again, which I probably won't - I'll go back to Paula Deen's Pumpkin Gooey Cake ...I mean why not go with what you know on Thanksgiving? I'm thinking that before I start my New Year diet, I'm going to make her version of the peanut butter/chocolate gooey cake - yum!
Yes, I said diet - bluck, I hate dieting, but I cannot buy another big girl bathing suit again next year, so I figured that I'd actually join Weight Watchers when they have all of their big New Year specials. Also, it will be a great way for me to meet friends in MN. So I'll be broadening my friend circle, not just mommy friends, but I'll have fat friends also plus I know me, having to go to a meeting once a week will guilt me into staying on the wagon.
Okay, it's pie time...I hear Andy in the kitchen rustling around, so it must be time for dessert. I hope that my cake tastes better than it looks;)






No comments:
Post a Comment