1. Super-mom/friend/scrapper Jess
She does the cutest thing for her girls at Christmas - she takes 25 Christmas books, wraps each of them up and every night they unwrap one and read it, like an advent! SUPER cool idea, so while shopping yesterday, I picked up some books so we'd have close to 25 and I'll wrap them up today - such a great idea!!!!!!!
2. Running errands
Everything here is SO close, we ran a TON of errands yesterday, even trecked down to downtown OKC yesterday to go a store and then back up to Edmond, getting home before 4! Not to mention a Sonic stop for a late lunch for Alex - we loooove Sonic, I wonder if they have them in MN? I'll have to check on that.
3. Our neighbors
We pull up after our errand marathon and of course our neighbors are outside, the dad and the two boys are always outside playin and piddlin in the yard. Well yesterday was quite the sight - the dad was on a ladder that was in the back of their pickup so he could hang the Christmas lights at the tippy top of the roof - what a sight! Alex got to play with Gavin and Aaron for about an hour and I got to chat with their mom about decorating/shopping - fun girl stuff (she lives with four men and I have two men, so we have to stick together!!). And yes, it was cold, but the boys were bundled up and playing their little gun shooting hearts out until the mommies were done with the cold and ready to go in.
4. Our house
Yes, I did the unthinkable when I moved to Edmond, I got my dream house! One of the Navy wives in our neighborhood said, "Honey, until they retire, you don't ever buy your dream house - you always make sure there's just a few things that you don't like about it!".
So with less than a week left in my gorgeous house, I'm trying to find faults with it...there are no big trees in the yard and the houses are too close together unlike the ones that I've been looking at in MN BUT, go back and read reason #3 and that overrules it!
Possible fault: Andy's theater is too close to Alex's room so when he's watching a movie Alex cannot sleep BUT, that just means that Alex gets to come sleep with me on my side of the house until Andy comes to bed and moves him - over-ruled! (at least until he's in high school because at that point, he cannot really sleep in mommy's bed - can he?!?!)
Possible fault: the fire place is gas, flip a switch and it's on, not the wood burning, listen to the crackling fire places like they have in the MN houses BUT, how fun is it to tell Alex to start us a fire in the morning:
flippin the switch: look mommy, I started the fire:
warmin my tooshie:
Over-ruled! I LOVE my house, but will take enough pictures and save the floor plans so that when Andy retires, he WILL build me one just like it on a lake lot with tons of trees and a wood burning outdoor fireplace!!
I'm off to sit in front of the fire that Alex has started for us and loom a scarf! Ahhh, this is the life, at least for another week....






No comments:
Post a Comment