Even though I'm not decorating this year for Christmas, I've decided that I still need to treat myself to some of my favorite Christmas-y things. So this morning I ground my last little bit of Barney's Santa's White Christmas Coffee (thank you Leah - yes it's the same batch that you sent me when I was in VA, so that pound of beans won't be making it's third state move!!) and put it in one of my Christmas cups that I got from my Maw years ago. Love it when one little cup of coffee brings SO many warm-fuzzy memories!
So back to Santa's White Christmas Coffee - it's delish, I suggest you get some BUT you have to brew it with some reg coffee since it's very weak on it's own. Enjoy!
I'm starting to pack up some things to take with us to help us feel at home in the apartment, but at this point, I think that Andy should just agree to pack all of our Christmas stuff (it's really not that much!). Luckily we'll be in Tally with my parents for Christmas, which being with them IS Christmas to me, so I'll get to drink eggnog out of Leah's reindeer glasses because there's no way I can fit those in the truck without Andy raisin a stink and I know she'll make pecan tarts so I don't need to take my mini-muffin pan and my little wooden tool or my kitchenmade mixer so I can make shortbreads or my loaf pan to make lemon bread. Yes, our family definitely has a lot of traditional Christmas family foods - gumbo on Christmas Eve (YUM!) and dead cow with a jug of red on Christmas night (a filet tenderloin with a bottle of Beaujolais Nouveau) plus all of the things I mentioned above. Ahhhhh...love a Chapin Christmas....I cannot wait!!
Oh toot, Alex just spilled sprite in the kitchen, so I have to begin my Monday morning by mopping - yay! What is he doing with sprite anyhow??? Ugh....happy Monday friends and family:)
1 year ago






No comments:
Post a Comment