So what did we do on our "day off" this morning? I started working on a scarf for myself (it matches the super cool plum colored hat that I bought for myself with my birthday money from my parents - I'll post a picture of me with both the scarf and hat on when I get done - btw, the yarn for the scarf was purchased with my gc from Hobby Lobby that my sis gave me for my b'day...so happy belated birthday to me!)...
Alex played checkers on cartoonnetwork.com while I worked on my scarf and watched some food network (LOVE temp housing for cable - if you didn't already know, we don't have cable in our homes, Andy will not pay for cable when we can pick up the major channels, with HD from a big ole antennae that he puts up...(and we don't even live in a trailer, surprising, I know!) and laughed out loud at Paula Deen. Here's two things that were so funny from her show that I had to write down...
"I've never knew a pig that I didn't love off of the grill."
"Add a pat of butter - you could make it without the butter, but who would want to?"
Good times, good cable tv!
Today I took Alex to the school district to have his speech tested...they are not as quick to get him into a school as I was led to believe they were when we were still in OK. I reminded them that he has an IEP, so by the No Child Left Behind Law, he should not have any lapse in services and it's now been over a week since he's been out of school. Her response was that he is their top priority...we'll see.
Afterwards, we went to Burger King for an early dinner and LOTS of play for little man! There was a nice family there - Alex loved chasing the 7 year old boy around with the 5 year old sister, but my little love bunny was caught smooching on the girl in one of the tunnels - her mom laughed about it, but still asked him not to kiss on anyone, especially during cold season. (I think he's having Joshi girls withdraws - I know I am!!)






2 comments:
Oh my, you can knit too???? We so need to live close together, I could learn so much from you!!! I love some Paula Dean too!!!!!! She cracks me up, she also has wonderful cookbooks!! That's so funny about the tunnel kiss!! Good luck w/ the school! Good thing you can knit, you'll need plenty of scarves!! Have a great weekend!
I don't knit, I use a loom, which is SUPER easy - love it!
Girl, our hubbies do NOT want us to live close together, we'd shop/craft/cook our little hearts out, while our boys play - OH how fun that would be!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment