Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Some yummies for you to look at...

Yummy number one:


He's getting SO tall and just looked so stinkin cute in this sweater that I just had to take his picture!


Yummy number two:




a super sweet baby hat that I made for a friend in OK (the MOMS Club there is sprouting babies galore - I just LOVE it!!).


And speaking of babies...my awesome sil called me yesterday to tell me I'm going to be an aunt again - Jenny, Jonathan, Lily, Maddy & Katy are going to have a brand new bundle of love in July!!! I'm SO excited for them - I had joked with Jonathan on our last visit that the next baby needed to come in July since Lily (4) was born in August, Jenny's birthday is September 11, Maddy (3) was born in October and sweet baby Katy (1) has a November birthday - HOW FUN! When Jon called Andy last night to tell him the joyous news, Andy said, "Congrats, dude, I wanted another niece!" - so if they end up with 4 girls, it's all Andy's doing (hehe!), but after laughing about it, he told Jon how we both feel about our newest little niece or nephew, we're just praying for them to be healthy and know they'll be loved!!


Here's my first hat that I made, it matches the scarf that I made to send my Grandma Mackley for Christmas (sorry Grandma, I'm a little behind!). It's SO super soft, I hope she likes it!



Next yummies are the tubes of herbs that I use (I had a couple of friends ask about them after I posted that I used cilantro from a tube in my recipe):

I get these at Super Target in their produce section - you just squirt it into your sauce, casserole, EVOO, etc. just as you would add fresh herbs and stir - it ROCKS! I've used the Italian seasonings one also, but the basil and cilantro are my faves.

Okay, the next yummy is not a picture, but just an answer to many prayers - we have a house, a closing date of Jan. 18, an inspection in the morning and Andy is faxing all of the signed buyer's agreements as I type! Which house did we go with???

Drum roll please ..................................................................

(yes, I've been watching WAY too many HGTV shows where they make the buyers wait suspensefully for the price/decision!!) ........................................................................................................................

















Plan A - the one that we REALLY wanted!! The one that's the prince pictured in a previous post, the one with the finished basement & with a deck (plan B had neither of those), the one with the easy commute to work for Andy, the one three miles from Super Target, an awesome Marshalls & Best Buy, the one that has the lavendar bedroom for Haley....yes, that's the ONE that we got and we couldn't be happier! Yay!



Have a wonderul day friends and family, Alex and Mommy are off to have some afternoon adventures.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Thanks for the herb info!! You're awesome! Congrats on the house!!! I can't believe how tall Alex has gotten!!! So cute!

Jennifer Wiemann said...

Wooo Hooo! I can't wait to see how you decorate THIS house!
I'm so glad that you posted the picture of the herbs! I was just at Giant and I looked for them but we don't have the tubes. I guess the NOVA version is in a little canister and you "sprinkle"!

3 Great Girls said...

I am super excited for you and I cant wait to come see the house in June!!!!!

YEA!

Kristi said...

I make the turkey (they only had garlic lemon turkey at our grocery store) Tonight we're having the enchiladas!! The beans and rice were great too!! Thanks!