Yes, ever since coming back from Florida, where spending a week with Leah is like being with Paula Deen crossed with Rachel Ray, I've been a cooking machine! Andy cringes when I get together with Leah (and Jen!) because we are shoppin our feet off, BUT I make up for it by all the cooking inspiration I come home with, so he somewhat overlooks how much money I spent.
I had to share this one with you because it was so easy and yummo, not to mention I got two meals out of it!
You get a Jenny O's tequila lime turkey loin - YUM! I baked it, made two boil-in-bags of white rice, tossed in some cilantro (I buy the tubes in the produce section of Target, just squirt out what you need), served it all with some black beans mixed with a can of rotel - delish - of course I added a Leah touch by adding some diced sweet onions that I had marinated in vinegar to the top of the whole thing! Then the next night, took the leftovers (chopping up the leftover turkey), mixed it all together, added some sour cream, a big ole handful of shredded cheese, some salsa, wrapped it all up in some flour torts, poured a can of enchilada sauce over it, baked it for 30 min - viola, turkey enchiladas!!
I've also made Italian sausage/peppers/onions over rotini and tonight we're having a sun-dried tomato pasta with chicken and a big ole salad. And I wonder why I don't lose weight? I figure that keeping on some extra pounds will keep me warm up here in the land of snow and ice! (that and hot rum apple ciders and hot chocolate coffee with Bailey's - hehe!!)
Okay, my little man just woke up from a nap - you know he's feeling bad when he just lays down in the middle of a cartoon and goes to sleep, so I'm off to "work"!
1 year ago






1 comment:
YUMMY!! Again, you've inspired me!
Post a Comment