Monday, February 4, 2008

Bbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

I just got inside after being out for an hour and a half, shoveling the driveway and walk to the front door! Why? Well, I figured that if I kept up with it every day it would be somewhat managable and luckily it has stopped snowing for now, so we'll be able to come and go!

Not that I want to leave my cozy home, especially since I got myself this - isn't it cute? I treated myself to 20 songs that I'll be jammin to while I clean my craft room tomorrow while Alex is at school! I've got a new plan...I'm going to pull everything OUT of the room into the hallway and only put back in what belongs - the rest will go in blue bins.

How was school? GREAT! Although the bus came to pick him up 10 minutes earlier than they said they would, yikes! But we were almost ready, just getting jacket/shoes/hat/gloves on. At 11:30 his teacher called me to let me know that he was having a good day and enjoying himself in the pretend area - they were having a birthday party in the pretend area complete with hats and plastic cake - how fun! He said that he had crazy fries for lunch (he had the ketchup still on his face to prove it!) and when I asked what he had for snack he said, "crazy fries AGAIN!" I'm going to print off the school's cafeteria menu so I'll know what they had and ask if he tasted any of those things.

I didn't follow the bus (she was early and I wasn't finished getting ready - I ran him out to the bus without a coat in my jamma pants because my jeans were still in the dryer and had my slippers on - yes, little did I notice that the snow was coming across, not down, it was blowing sideways!!) and he got there safely and got home safely, so I didn't need to worry as much as I did!

Did you watch the Super Bowl? Wow, good game! I was chearing for Eli to win because I have to support Peyton's fam (even though my bil is still mad at me for not ever getting Peyton's autograph the hundred or so times we passed each other on campus when we were still at UT, especially since my nephew's name is Peyton Connor !). So where was I going with this, oh well, it was a good game and I was glad to see a Manning boy win again this year!

Okay, I think I've thawed out enough to get out from under this blanket and get some stuff done! But before I go, I just had to tell you what my sweet little man did the other night...he came into the office while I was on the computer and instead of requesting his usual, "I want to play pbskids.org/cartoon network.com/nickjr.com" he says, "mommy will rock me in the rocking chair". Holy cow, it melted my heart, I'm so glad that I stuck the glider rocker in the office instead of giving it away! Alex being my little guy had to go get a warm blanket for us to have while we rocked, it was just delightful - I rocked him for over an hour (at some point he fell asleep), remembering all the time in the past five years I've rocked him in that chair...starting while I was pregnant...time sure has flown. Hmmmm, I think I need to take a pic of that chair so I can make this little story into a scrapbook page!

Off to go grab my camera!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Ok, I'm crying!! I love the story of the rocking chair!! My favorite times w/ Nathan are when we're in the recliner rocking together! It's so sweet! Although those times are few and far between b/c he just wants to be running now!! LOL Have a great week!!