Speaking of cat calls, I'm sending one to this Birthday Girl, check out the HOTTEST 50 year old MawMaw ever:

Yep, today's Leah's birthday! Happy Birthday Leah - we LOVE you!!!! I'll be having a foo-foo tini tonight to toast your day (I'm Leah's personal bartendar!).
Alex has had a good week at school, he has not been eating a great lunch, but at least he's consistent with the "2 pieces of wheat bread" that his teacher writes on the menu that he eats. The other day, I looked at the menu and about fell out because she circled that he had fruit, the added a side note, "he licked a banana". I'm laughing just typing it!! I was so embarrassed, he licked a banana. Okay, still laughing here because I can totally picture it in my mind, I've seen it too many times at home. After asking, "WHY?", I ventured to read in his notebook that they are encouraging him to "lick" or take a small bite of new foods. She asked if we had tried this at home, well the small bites, yes - he may still have the small bite of carrot tucked in his cheek that I made him take last week with the chewy roast, but not the lick. Yes, he's licked a banana before because he swears that he wants one, he likes to peel them, so I let him peel one, he sniffs it and I tell him to EAT it, he gives it a lick and says he's done. Now, do I throw the banana away? That's just wasteful. Boy, wish Andy were around, he'd eat it - a little Alex germ on it, would only make it sweeter in his mind, he's fruity like that. But no, hubby's no where, not even in the state, so I eat the banana. I cannot wait to see how Andy reacts when I tell Alex to "lick" his mashed potatoes - we both might get swatted with the wood spoon for that! Oh well, I'll try anything to get my child to eat veggies and fruits other than applesauce.
So what have I been doing with my time this week while Andy's been gone and I haven't blogged since Monday? I've made a complete and utter mess of the upstairs - there's stuff everywhere, it looks worse now than ever. My craft room is set up (all furnature is in place), but not everything has found a home yet. I'm off to finish getting Alex's playroom cleaned (much to his dismay, that's where everything that I pulled out of the craft room that was going to go back into the craft room went when I pulled everything out of the craft room to get it all "cleaned"), clear the hallway so I can get to the laundry room, so I can do laundry, and try to get the house lookin good to surprise Andy when he comes home.
Before I head upstairs, I need to get dinner in the crock pot, it's lasagne - I'm making it with Italian sausage. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Have a great Friday!






No comments:
Post a Comment