Sunday, February 3, 2008

Super Saturday...

What a great family day we had yesterday...Andy got Alex's playstation hooked up in the playroom, we got the formal dining room set up, cleaned out a linen closet, got 10 rubbermaid bins set up to put the season stuff from my craft room in and then we all got ready to run errands.



First stop was lunch at Hooters! Alex has now claimed Hooters as his favorite restaurant, poor CiCi's has taken a backseat to "crazy fries" (curly fries) and "cheesy chicken" (a grilled cheese with a couple of chicken wings on the side!). Yes, he told his new teacher that Hooters was his favorite place to eat, isn't that delightful?!? I have to say that their grilled cheese does look might tasty, they use really thick bread and tons of cheese - mmmmm!



Next on errand day was the usual - Petsmart, Home Depot and Best Buy, then home!



We watched our new dvd last night, it is incredible - Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds live a Radio City Music Hall. If you're a Dave fan (we are!!), this one is awesome. Tim Reynolds is an excellent guitarist - Andy and I saw him live at a little bar in downtown Charleston, SC, but he played a keyboard and an electric guitar for most of the show, only playing two acustic songs, which is what we were really there to hear. Anyhow it was a fun night, me being all of 8 months pregnant in a tiny bar with everyone crowded around the stage and only 4 chairs in the whole joint, one of which Andy had gotten for me (since I chose to wear my kickin high heel black boots that night because pregnant or not, I still had to look good!) to sit in and every time I went to the bathroom (which being 8 months pregnant is quite a lot!) he almost almost got into many a confrontation trying to save my chair from the crowds of drunk college kids who needed to sit down before passing out.



So back to our night, we munched on one of my new fave salad recipes (we had Hooters for lunch, we needed salad for dinner!) - 1 head of chopped romaine (including the white crunchy stuff - I know you hate it Krista, but this salad needs it!), 1/4 a red onion sliced extremely thin, 1 can of cannelini or garbonzo beans rinsed/drained, lots of fresh parm shavings, lots of fresh cracked pepper and a balsalmic vinegrette. We had an earthy Merlot with it, which was so good with that salad! A salad, wine and Dave Matthews on dvd instead of being at a live concert, we're becoming old farts! Oh well it was bound to happen eventually;).



Such a nice relaxing day, especially since as soon as we woke up this morning, Andy was rushing to get ready while I packed his bag so he could make his 9am flight. While I was standing at the door watching him drive off, this is what I saw...








And then he pulled back into the driveway because he forgot something, this is why I was still standing at the front door, I knew he'd be back at least once! So I had time to take another picture before moving on with my morning, just making sure he didn't come back a second time!








I love these poor little freezing trees, they're so pretty! As you can see, we didn't get much snow yesterday, but they're calling for 20% chance of snow every day this week, we'll see. They're not too accurate on calling the weather up here - Andy said it's the Canadian's fault, their weather messes with ours - he said he's gonna call Uncle John and have a talk with him about it and maybe they'll have a B&B while they chat!



Have a great SuperBowl Sunday!

No comments: