Friday, February 15, 2008

Warm cozy Valentine...

How was your Happy Heart Day? Mine was warm and cozy! Such goodness here in the land of snow and ice yesterday!!!

We woke up to a snow covered morning - it had snowed all night, so as I'm getting everyone ready for their day, Andy says, "why don't you just stay home today, there's no reason for you to get out with the roads like they are, I'll take you to the grocery/PO tomorrow since I'll be home?!" You don't have to tell me twice to stay in my warm pink jammies and scrapbook (I'm sure he didn't mean the scrapbooking part, but it was my Valentine gift to myself!). I put Pride and Prejudice in the dvd player and made these:



These were all for challenges at j4k and will go into MY scrapbook (hence they're 8 1/2" x 11" whereas Alex's album is 12" x 12").

When Alex got home from school, we looked at/played with all of his Valentines from his friends and the FedEx guy delivered a HUGE package from my parents - it was Alex's Smart Cycle, his transformer/power rangers and LOTS of fat bubble wrap for us to stomp on. Made that boy's day that package did!

We made some chocolate chocolate-chip muffins that we decorated with white chocolate/red sprinkles/conversation hearts to take over to our friend's house. Daddy got home, we loaded up and went to meet our new friends! I cannot even begin to express how happy I am that we went - Alex had a great time, there were three other kids there - a 6 year old girl, a 4 year old girl and a 1 year old boy. Chatting with the other moms was GREAT - they made me feel very welcome, toasting "to our new friend" with pomogranite martinis!! They both scrapbook - oh my! The mom with the two girls come to find out is the Japenese-American version of me - she has a teenage step-daughter, her youngest daughter was just diagnosed on the "spectrum" (she's in the classroom next to Alex's - SMALL world!), she has Fiesta wear in every color, her drink is diet Pepsi and Barcardi (I'm a diet Coke girl though) and for Valentine's, her hubby bought her a 40 caliber Smith&Wesson. Man, those girlies were fun to hang out with and our hubbies all get along wonderfully.

So it was a good day for us and now it feels like Saturday because both of my guys are home - poor Alex keeps asking to watch Teen Titans (which is on Saturday mornings!), but he and Daddy are headed to the pet store while I go to the grocery.

Hope you have a FUN Friday!

2 comments:

3 Great Girls said...

That layout of TT is so cute. I love it!!!!
Don't you just love having your own book.

Great layouts.

Miss you madly!
Jess

Jennifer Wiemann said...

Awwwwww! Love the layouts! I need a diet...!