Tuesday, April 22, 2008

So much goodness here....

I'm bustin at the seams with happiness!



The biggie is that Andy is hoooooooooooooooome, yay! We've had a great time since his plane landed Friday - ate at Hooters (I know, surprising!), stayed up late talking, stayed up late watching movies, went to Chuck E Cheese (no we're not insane, it was Monday at 2, not busy at all, the best time to go!), shopped for furniture, had a child-free shopping extravaganza at Home Depot, went to the fish store (shocking, I know!), and have just enjoyed hanging out together.


Today, good day - such nice weather, after I got both guys off to school and work, I dropped in Archiver's and guess what?!?!! May's Memory Maker's is here:



Turn to page 79:




My first scrapbook publication (and possibly my last if I don't get off my duff and start scrappin and submitting!)!!


My trip only got better, lookey what I got with a 30% off coupon:

For those non-scrappers, this is the MOST covetted punch out there right now, it's going for obscene amounts on eBay! I've been salavating over them and it is MY day because there was only one there and I got IT!!



So here's some other goodness / eye candy for ya to look at:





These are taggy blankets that I made for my sweet SIL, Jenny and her friend Allison who had a joint baby boy shower on Saturday. I looooved making them, they're so stinkin cute, although my sewing definitely leaves lots to be desired! Jenny said that she has some friends that asked how much I would charge to make them one - wow, I'll be thinking about that one (any suggestions are welcome! The blankets are maybe 15"x20" and each tab of ribbon is 6".)



These are the stinkin cute cards that I made to go with the blankets - I can toot about them because I lifted the idea from one of the talented girlies at J4K, Amy J.! That is a little button that you doodle on to look like a sweet lil face and the paper is scraps from my 3*5*7 layout.


These are my gorgeous neices - aren't they precious? This is their Easter picture that's hanging on our frig, makes me smile every time I look at it! Their new baby brother is the recipient of the "P" taggy blanket - Parker William Buhl will be here July 18!! He's gonna be a handsome one, and his three big sissies are gonna mamma him and love him to pieces!



Fresh flowers on my table, love it! Something that I used to treat myself to in my working days that I think I might start again, it just makes me happy to have fresh flowers!




My new super comfy shoes - pink plaid, fun! (got them at Payless, they're having BOGO right now!)



Nickel kitchen pulls that my sweet hubby put on last night that matches the new faucet that he installed a few months ago.






Cutie little wall hanging that I got at Goodwill for $2.99(while I was there shopping for hobnail milk glass and wool sweaters to felt because Janna has me addicted to 100% wool felt!!) that I am using for lost socks that we usually have plenty of for some insane reason!


And last, the best thing, a sleeping baby:


I know, 5 yrs. old and 63 lbs. is not exactly what you would call a baby, but he's my baby (and his Maw, MawMaw and PawPaw all call him the baby). He's upstairs taking a Sudafed induced nap - his sinuses are stuffing his lil nose up. I should be upstairs napping with him because I know he'll be up rockin til midnight or so after napping - ugh. We'll just go out and enjoy some of the warm evening, wear him out so hopefully he'll fall asleep at a decent hour!


Thanks for reading all of this chatter, letting me share!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

WOW...that article is awesome!!!! Your name published in a magazine, how cool!!!
Loved the taggies, I need to put several orders in! I have quite a few baby showers over the next few months.
The shoes are too cute! Glad to hear the weather is getting nicer. And, glad to hear Andy is home!!! Is he home for a while now? Enjoyable blog!
take care!

Jennifer Wiemann said...

Oh. My. God.! I am so excited for you!!! I am going to have to make a trip out today to get THE magazine! WOOOOHOOOO!!!
Love the taggies! My Mom makes them about that size and I think she charges $15 for them. But you know Ema, she's a softie. You could get more for them!!
That punch is super cool. SU is rumored to have one similar in the next catalog. It's already on my wish list!!
Talk to you soon!

Dawn said...

Jonelle, WOW! Congrats on the pub! I will running out to get that issue. Can't wait to see it in person (well at least in print-LOL!) I was lucky enough to get the Fiskars 'Threading Water' punch too. A friend sent it to me as a surprise. I was so happy, because I could not find it anywhere in my neck of the woods. I use it all the time now. I even used it as a border on my 'so mini memories' frames (instead of lace).
Your son is so cute! I LOVE to watch (and take pictures of) my son when he sleeps! He just looks so sweet. :-)