Took Alex to the doctor yesterday, such a great visit - love our pediatrician (he was recommended to us by the district's psychologist), he took so much time chatting with me about Alex's diagnosis (this was the first time we've seen him since Alex was medically diagnosed on the spectrum). First, Alex weighed in at 75.5 lbs and 50.5" tall - WOW! He has sinus drainage, all clear, whew! He has an ear infection in his right ear and liquid in his left. He hasn't complained about them hurting since Sunday, except when Dr. put the scope in, so he's taking a little Amoxacillan like a champ! And we're keeping our friend running at night:
While we were there, Dr. asked us to try giving Alex probiotics for ASD since there's been some research shown that it helps with behaviors, he's on dose 2 today - we're going to keep trying for two months (that's how many pills we have) and see if there's any change (they don't hurt for him to take them, anyone can take them, they're from the health food store, all natural, so we'll see).
Am I a nerd for making this: (don't answer - hehe!)
Just trying to make my lil man smile - it worked!
Okay, the haircut (I don't take good pictures, especially if I'm the one being the photographer!):
Here are a few sneakie-peakies from my craft room.
Table skirts/curtains:
Fun to add to skirts/curtains (still haven't figured out how, but I'll get there!):
Wall art:
Tomorrow is the first day of October, so we're going to get to decorating! Got Alex's Halloween costume last night: (it's Aniken Skywalker - he doesn't like the plastic masks, learned that last year as a Ninja Turtle, so he picked this one!)
Picked up this green glass footed bowl at a thrift store, going to pull these picks apart and put the goodies in there:
Hubs had a bad day yesterday, so I stopped at the "party" store to get him some treats:
So that's what's going on here at casa Buhl! Thanks for stopping by!!






12 comments:
Glad it was a good dr. visit. Always nice when you feel you can work well with the experts. Hair cut looks cute. Enjoy your day!
Glad you found a good dr. up there!! LOVE the hair....too pretty!!! You're so nice to your hubby!
Love those party treats..I am dinking my Pumpkin Spice Latte right now too! Yum!
I hope Alex is ok. What a trooper!!
Love the hair ;o)
so happy dr visit went good and oh im lovin your hair!!! Look at all the cool stuff you are creating,
WHEW-EE! That was one update Jonnelle!
Love your new haircut. Very sassy and chic! I wish my hair would do something like that without lots of fuss.
Awesome about the pediatrician visit...always good when you get the feeling that you are a team and not a doctor/patient. I hope those probiotics help him. If not for his ASD, just his health in general. We used to sell a ton of those at the pharmacy!
3 shots in your Starbucks...you are definitely living on the edge Jonnelle! : )
I made 6 cards for cards for heroes!!! WOO HOO! I love doing this and am going to continue making more throughout this week and weekend. I have my niece coming over this weekend to make some with me!
Long enough...so sorry!
~Kim
Oh and congrats on your winnings at J4K!!! Check out the newsletter!
~Kim
OH MY GOODNESS I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!!
It looks so cute on you and its a bit short you really are living on the edge!!!LOL
Glad Alex had a good visit with the dr. and tell him his pancake breakfast was awesome!
XOXO
I work with kids on the spectrum and many of them take probiotics. Most of my family's have found them helpful. Good luck!
Your new haicut is awesome! You look beautiful. Saw your new avatar over at SC. Looking good lady! :-)
Jonnelle...I don't know how I missed this post! I LOVE your new hairdo! You look beautiful!
I'm so glad that you have found a good pediatrician for Alex. It is such a comfort knowing our sweeties are in good hands when at the Doctor!
The pancake rainbow fish was so very cute-where did you find the plate? The girls would go crazy over that; I can't wait to show them the picture! What a GREAT mommy you are!
Love you!
Love your haircut - looks gorgeous!
The 'fish scale' pancakes look fantastic too :D
Post a Comment