Alex and I went to the Autism Speaks Awareness Walk in Shakopee. It was great, very moving and fun for Alex to play with other kids who are special too- wonderful for his mommy as well, since there were no parents to look at you funny when you kid walks around playing with his imaginary friends and double bonus for me, there were "big kids" there who actually wanted to play with Alex rather than making him "the kid we'll all run from", who thinks it's a fun game, but breaks mommy's heart. A wonderful event and day:
A great afternoon for me, sipping on a Route 44 Strawberry Limade (we finally got a Sonic - it's about 20 minutes away, far enough for my behind not to suffer too much, but close enough to get my Sonic fix!) while watching UT Vols play football. It would have been even better if the Vols hadn't shamefully lost to those stinkin Gators:
The deck is finished, now it's just waiting for Andy to stain so we can buy some furniture and have a deck party!
I've made a few baubles lately:
I'm off to scrapbook a little bit - making some mini albums for birthday gifts, so I guess I better print off some pictures first!
Oh, treated myself to a hair cut today - I say "treat" because I go to an Aveda salon - holy moly, they pamper you there. It's the most relaxing hair cut I've ever had and just love the girl who cuts it, she's from Plano, TX, so she feels my pain about MN winters!






4 comments:
The deck is beautiful! I love it. I am so glad you got a relaxing hair cut. You need to post pictures!
Why no pics of the new haircut?? I am so glad you got to have a great day with Alex. You are such an awesome Mommy! The deck looks fabulous. Wish I lived closer, so I could come to your deck party. A couple of margarita's and some laughs. Good times I say! Your jewelry is so pretty. I especially like the 3rd one down. Wow! What a talented lady you are! :-)
I love the deck, great job and the stairs are neat! I agree, we need to see hair pics!
Glad you got to go to the walk! Love the deck! Love the jewelry!
I missed sonic when we lived in MD, but now there is one across the road from our neighborhood, I can walk there in about 3 mins. Unfortunatly, I drive, so I don't burn those calories that I ingest!! LOL My extra weight tells you I live TOO CLOSE to it!!!! HAHA
Post a Comment