Thursday, September 18, 2008

Signs...

I just have to pop on here quickly to share...
Alex just got home from school and I asked him what the letter of the day was (knowing it already, but this is our daily routine!) and today he said, "K and it looks like this", doing the sign for "k", then he said, "and 'a' looks like this". Holy buckets, they're learning the sign for every letter and since they're going in alphabetical order, he and I just signed a-k!! Very exciting for me to know he's doing this at school so we can practice at home and being a naughty mommy, I taught him how to sign tomorrow's letter of the day - oops!
I'm thankful that for some reason today he decided to show me the sign, he's never done that before, maybe because he's usually in the middle of having a snack and today his snack was gum so he had his hands free!!
Thanks for letting me gush;)

4 comments:

3 Great Girls said...

Awesome!
Way to go Alex!

Jenny said...

WOW!!! That is GREAT!! Tell Alex that he will have to teach his cousins how to sign when he comes to visit at Christmas! Can't wait! :)

Dawn said...

That is awesome and you should gush! What a great kid you have!
Trying to catch up here. LOVE all your LO's below. I do not have a scanner and have to try to take 'good' pictures of my LO's. Someday I will get a scanner!
You are so great to make cards for the troops. I am hoping to do that too. It is so important!

~Kim said...

Ok, that's about the coolest thing ever!! I didn't learn sign language until I was in college (and very basic at that), but it counted as a foreign language...I never thought of it that way!

I am so glad that they are teaching it so young...very valuable.

~Kim