Thursday, December 11, 2008

12 Tags of Christmas...

I know, I'm posting this late, Tim's on Day 11, but I just have to share the link in case someone who pops into my blog doesn't know Tim Holtz and his extraordinary techniques.

This man is a genius! I am learning so many awesome techniques from reading his blog, but that's kind of a bad thing because now I want to buy everything that he uses so I can make awesome distressed works of art, ya know, when I ever get time to scrap again. ;)

Masks - you must watch his video. It was such a light-bulb moment for me when I watched this - I was talking to my monitor (sounds more sane than "talking to myself", right?!), telling it how cool the techniqes were. The last minute of the video is what makes me want to run out and buy everything Tim Holtz!! I am such a visual person and wouldn't you know when the man in brown rang my doorbell yesterday with my box of goodies from Studio Calico that that last piece of pattern paper that Tim demos is in that box?!?! So you know that my Making Memories Snowflake paper needs to be sanded over a mask!! How cool is that?

Okay, enough gushing. I hope you'll tune in tomorrow over at Tim's blog to see what he has in store, it will incredible I'm sure!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I Love Tim's tags. I played right along last year and created a mini book with it:http://scrapmyworld-dawn.blogspot.com/2008/01/my-tims-tags-project.html
I haven't had a chance this year (yet!) and they are truly stunning! You will definately have to share yours. I can't wait to see them! :-)