Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summer fun...

We had a visitor sunning himself on our wall outside the other day:


He was seriously prehistoric looking:


This lil one wants to "be a man" and tells me that he's in charge of the house. "Mom come see me sitting like a man":

and when asked to smile for the camera, "men don't smile, they have to look tough"! Oh my, where does he come up with this stuff?!?
Alex's dad bought him a super-cool new Star Wars toy:


I just {HEART} this picture, his sweet face and the sunset gleaming in the window...I see a layout coming!


While we were outside, we saw a rainbow over our neighbor's house:

flowers + rainbow = happiness:


Enjoying a water balloon toss with our neighbor, Jack:


Our friends Becki & Max invited to a local indoor pool (Becki's back went out and she needed to soak in the hot tub...aaaah, it did us both some good and the boys had a blast):


After the pool we went through Culver's...I've been craving a rootbeer float (I MISS Sonic!!!) and I have to say next to Sonic and Carl's (if you're anywhere around Fredricksburg, VA, or within a day's drive - hehe - click on the link to get directions, it's awesome...get a float, any float - icee and soft serve swirled together in pure delightfulness!), this one is up there in my faves:
Alex is still lovin his karate headband:

Can I tell you how much he makes me laugh and smile?!!

And of course the sweetest thing of this summer, Miss Kinsley Ann:

And yes, the super sweetie is sporting her hat that I made for her!! Thanks for putting it on her for a photo Krista!!!

We're headed outside for some slip-n-slide action:)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

That turtle looks a little scary to me! And big too!

Kristi said...

Holy cow that's a big, weird turtle!!

carriefish said...

I think culver's played a big role in my 20 pound gain the year I lived in Rochester! We kept the flavor of the day schedule on the fridge-- yummy stuff!!