Monday, September 7, 2009

That's a wrap...

...on our summer! Tomorrow Alex starts 1st grade! I'm excited for him, it's going to be a great year and he's going to learn so many new things, but I'll miss him so much being gone from 8:15-3:42 Monday thru Friday. WOW!

We have had gorgeous weather this past week for our last week of summer vacation.

We went to a park here in Lakeville that has a great play area and an old Air Force plane:

This is the face he is now making when I take his picture, boys! :)
Alex's friend Max came over to hang out with us on Tuesday and Wednesday! It was nice to have a playmate for Alex.
We went to the waterpark:

I even got to be one of those moms who sat by the pool and read a book (only got through 2 chapters, I didn't get too much of a break!):


After a pizza party sleepover Tuesday night, we spent Wednesday at Mall of America!






Max and I at a photo opp:


Alex and I at the same photo opp:




Alex is SpongeBob's "biggest fan" or so he tells me all of the time, so he was delighted to meet SpongeBob:


After lunch, Alex took a break on this HUGE bean bag, it has a king-sized mattress inside that you can unzip to use on the floor to sleep on. We loved this and would like one for his playroom:


The boys even allowed me 5 whole minutes to shop at the scrapbook store! (I only spent $19.21 - AMAZING!):


After MoA, we headed to Alex & Max's school for Open House! Alex and Max are in the same class again this year...bless that teacher's heart! Not really, they're not that bad but they have their moments!


Alex's dad took him to the State Fair on Thursday and I had a nice dinner at Panera Bread, read my new scrap magazine and then enjoyed a cappucino and a pumpkin muffie:

Love the flavors of fall - soup and pumpkin anything!

Alex is enjoying his last lazy weekday morning of laying in bed playing his DS:


Goodbye summer!

No comments: