So here are some pics from my phone, excuse the quality please!
Alex is still loving his karate headband:

He has asked to take karate/kung fu classes when swimming is over and we're going to try it!
I took a little break from moving to get my hair did (went a little dark for some warmth for winter) and hit the Sonic that's far enough away from my house that it's an occasional treat!

The George is the best - Jen and I tasted all three just so we could give you a report - hehe!
Alex lost another tooth (sorry for the creepy picture!):
Alex lost another tooth (sorry for the creepy picture!):
He's so stinkin cute with his two front teeth missing! The adult teeth are coming in so quick that he won't be asking for his two front teeth from Santa!!
My friend Big Andy came up from TN to help Alex and I move. While he was here, I got him to take me to IKEA (it was my first time, very cool!) to buy Alex a new bed. This bed is a huge hit with Alex!!! He loves his cousins' bunk beds, but mommy's not too keen on how tall the top bunk is that he loves to sleep on when we visit, so this was the perfect compromise! It's a jr. loft bed and he has a nice little fort area underneath. I told him I'd make curtains for the bottom and Big Andy bought him a Vikings night light and locker room sign to go under there too!

After Alex got out of school on Tuesday, we loaded up in Big Andy's truck and headed to TN!!

Alex was king of the back seat with his blanket, Nintendo DS, my computer to watch videos on and his cool arm-rest with two cupholders!! Even though it was 1000 miles and two days, he did better than I did on the trip!
We made it to my sister's cabin Wednesday night in time to roast hot dogs and s'mores in the fire pit. Had a wonderful Thanksgiving day on Thursday and on Friday Alex went to see the Nashville Predator's Hockey game with Uncle Stevie, Logan and Connor!!
Alex was SO excited to go to his favorite restaurant with his cousin Connor:
Not having his two front teeth didn't slow him down one bit when it came to eating hot wings!
Saturday was football day at the cabin, where we mourned FSU's loss and celebrated the Vols' win!!
Before we knew it, it was time to head to Atlanta to jump on a plane back to MN.
Before we knew it, it was time to head to Atlanta to jump on a plane back to MN.
We made a stop at Truett's for one last Chick-Fil-A sandwich before going to the airport:

(it's in Morrow, GA - right down the road from where I used to live in Rex and work at Carrabba's!)
It was such a great trip! We loved being with our family and are so thankful to Big Andy for helping us move, driving us to TN (stopping at multiple breakfast locations to ensure that we both got what we wanted!) and getting us safely to the airport!
Thanks for popping by!









2 comments:
I am so glad you had a such a great trip. :) I love (so does Charlie) Alex's "creepy" face.
I am loving that bed for Alex!!! I may have to make a run to Ikea! Nathan would love that!
Post a Comment