Wednesday, April 28, 2010

He and She...

The fabulously talented Stephanie Howell's blog is one of my favorites to read and some of my favorite posts of hers is when she lists "she.." and tells what her sweet girls are doing "right now". So here goes my "he/she post":

He:

loves all things "Ancient Japan", including sushi. We made Philadelphia rolls at home (using smoked salmon instead of raw) and he devoured them! His favorite part was cutting them and using his chopsticks to pick them up.

is reading better every day. Right now we're reading Diary of a Wimpy Kid. We went to see the movie yesterday and he LOVED it! The first thing he asked this morning when he woke up was, "Mom, when can I shop at the book fair?" He LOVES books, makes me happy!

is practicing very hard to earn his next color belt in Taekwondo - testing is May 26!
asked for a bird feeder:

It sits right outside the window from the table so we get to "have breakfast with the birds"! As I'm typing we had a squirrel climb up there, causing great excitement inside the house! :)
favorite song right now is Train's Soul Sister. He loves music, singing and dancing!
lost two teeth: one Saturday night (in a wrestling match with a friend - it was already loose, so it was pretty exciting!) and one on Sunday. Visits from the tooth fairy two nights in a row made him happy!
She:

got spayed last week and has bounced back to her normal self.
has been enjoying the warm weather, getting to hang outside lots more.
still sleeps under Alex's jr. loft bed every night.
LOVES her boy more every day!


That's what's going on right now around here, thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

carriefish said...

I love that he loves to read so much! Graham just started saying "gook" today as he pulls all of his books out to read. And, sushi? really? how in the world do you make that? I think I would get some wife of the year award if I made that seeing how there is nowhere here to get it.

Jenny said...

What a great idea for updating everyone! It makes his aunt, uncle and cousins happy! I am so proud of Alex and I Love that he Loves books! He has such a great Mommy! Love you both!

Sweet~N~Scrappy said...

My 4th graders are loving The Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. You are such a fun mom! I need to learn how to make sushi at home so I can make my little man some California rolls. I miss you in Okie land! :)