Alex's Taekwondo School has a Honor's Program to promote honorable behaviors outside the school. The students earn red stripes on their belts for achieving weekly goals. At the last belt testing, Alex was one of the top 10 honor students and they received a pizza party that they invited friends to. I bought Alex a special shirt that he's been asking for from the ATA catalog to wear on his special day:

Before pizza, the students and their friends took to the floor for some karate moves:

I love this picture that I took of Alex's friend Matthew because it shows in the mirror the other friends that came to help Alex celebrate (Jack & Ryan - our old neighbors; Carson - Alex friend that he's been in school with since preschool; Jacob & Matthew - brothers, J is in Alex's reg class and M rides Alex's bus; Derek & Alex M. - brothers, D is in Alex's reg class):
Jack's on the far left (face partially hidden), Ryan's in the middle and of course Alex on the right:
Lil Ryan's behind Alex on the left, Alex, Jacob's the one to the right with his hands up and Carson's on the far right in red:
Ryan, Alex and Carson enjoying pizza:
It was a fun day and we're thankful for our friends that came!
1 comment:
I think it's awesome how into his sport he is!!
Post a Comment