Friends since the 11th grade, Paula (aka. Pokie) and I finally got to visit with one another. I haven't seen Pokie since my wedding almost 9 years ago! Since then we've both graduated from college, started careers (hers as an oncology nurse) and had kids (she has Gracie who's 7 and Andrew who is 4 - he and I share the same birthday!).
Pokie came over to my parent's house one night, bringing with her, her two cutie pattootie little ones - Gracie looks just like Pokie as a little girl and Andrew (who they call Bubba) looks just like his daddy. Pokie came bearing an awesome gift - Miss Wendel's pound cake - (Miss Wendel is her mom), Jen, Leah & I cheered when she brought it in because that pound cake is famous I tell you!!
A few nights later, Alex and I went over to her parent's house to see Pokie's family. It was great to see her parents - Miss Wendel and Mr. Dwayne haven't changed a bit, they look just the same, except are the happiest darn grandparents in the world (right next to my parents!). Mr. Dwayne told Gracie that when we were teens, if you saw me, you'd see Pokie, we were always together and we were. I hope that Alex has a close friend like that when he's older - someone who you chat with every now and then, but when you do see each other, you still remember their parent's phone number by heart and there seems to feel that no time has past since you last hung out!






No comments:
Post a Comment