So we're having a heat wave up here, it's going to rain and be 40, then tomorrow it's going to be 1, so fun that the rain will freeze into a sheet of ice - doesn't Mother Nature know that I have to be someplace tomorrow and I cannot drive on ice???
How was the roast? Well, next time I'll once again go back to my good ole crock pot - Andy was sweet about it, no "I told you so's", he just said that I might have gotten a bad roast - helllllllllo, it was Black Angus, isn't that supposed to be darn good? Maybe I just didn't cook it long enough, I don't know, but like Kristi said, too many steps, the crock is the way to go...lesson learned! (and I bet Pioneer Woman's beef is THE best, it is fresh right there from HOT Marlboro Man - whew, have you seen the pics of him in chaps?!)
Okay, I'm back - had to go splash cold water on my face...
How's the unpacking? Yesterday I put Alex's bedroom and bathroom together, cleaned an old stacking shelf to organize puzzles/games in the playroom, cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner, organized my kitchen drawers/cabinets (I had gotten to the point that I just threw stuff into drawers/cabinets to make the kitchen workable, slacker, I know), wrapped child up like a little eskimo to go outside to play, unwrapped said child, cleaned the kitchen floor and collapsed at 9! Yesterday Andy, set up a fish tank, set up his theater and cleaned a dryer vent for me. Priorities around here are slightly different, wouldn't you say? As we were sitting eating our chewy roast, I asked Alex if was excited about sleeping in his bed on his new flannel Transformer sheets - Andy said, "I didn't get to fix his bed yet" (it's an antique bed and a major piece came unglued and just needed to be reglued) and I smiled, took a sip of wine and victoriously said, "I fixed it, his room is completely set up except for his shelves that you need to hang" (now, I am capable of hanging those shelves, but all heck would break loose if I were to actually affix anything to walls - that's his job), I took another sip of wine, hiding my cheshire-cat grin behind my glass. It took me two minutes to glue that piece on and I didn't call spouse into the room so they could see my craftmanship and ask spouse, "Who's the damn man?". But hey, the only place that has pictures hung on walls in the basement theater - bitter am I? No, I'm just glad it's Monday...I'm sipping on my coffee chatting with you while the "damn man" is at work!
I'm really wanting to get to the playroom today, that's my goal to have it done today. Then next will be my craft room, BUT I really want to take "before" and "after" pics of it because you just would not believe how explosive it looks right now. So why not take the before pic and get on it? The camera batteries are dead (someone left the camera in the truck and the below freezing temps sucked the life out of both batteries) and we cannot locate the charger - I haven't seen it since Christmas in Tally, but Andy swears in a bag/basket that came from the apartment and I just haven't unpacked it. What to do?? Hmmm...I think I'll go to sony.com and get myself a new one. Bitter? No....just happy it's Monday!
Okay, the plumber should be here any minute and little man is asking for a popcicle for his mid-morning snack - have a great Monday, I am!
1 year ago






1 comment:
It must be a heat wave if Alex is eating popsicles! Brrrrrr. Thanks for reporting back on the roast...I was curious. Way to go getting so much stuff done. It is amazing how much we do without expecting a pat on the back and then they turn around and do one thing to claim their helping out, huh??? Well, good for you for getting it done!
Post a Comment