Last night we had Alex's Open House, which Andy made it home for - yippeeee! His teacher, Bree is so sweet, I hope he doesn't give her too hard of a time, but I know he'll test his boundaries with her in the beginning.
Our school district here has 1/2 day kindie, so they offer KinderZone the other half of the day (making it full day for kids whose parents work or just need them to be there longer for one reason or another). We have enrolled Alex in KinderZone on Tuesdays and Thursdays to get some socialization because it's not free play, act crazy (he can do that at home for free!), it is structured, some extended learning/review of what they have going on in the classroom. One of the exciting parts of KZ is that he will be there for lunch time and they eat in the cafeteria! FUN! They'll go through the lunch line, pick what they want, just like the big kids - I'm so darn excited for him to experience it!!
So where does my prayer request come in? They asked me when I signed him up for KZ if I wanted him to have an assistant and I said yes, just to get him started, but maybe phase the assistant out...well because there is another boy from his class also in KZ, but 5 days a week (his mom works and they are just the sweetest family, so glad that he and Alex will be together again this year!) and he's not potty trained (which I'm amazed at the number of kids on ASD that aren't potty trained, which makes me so thankful that we don't have those kinds of issues with our little man, so he was 3 1/2 before he was trained, that doesn't sound so awful anymore), he and Alex will share an assistant. So where am I going...this little boy has to have a full time assistant due to the potty issues, the assistant will not be phased out, but remain for the whole year and when we went to meet the KZ teacher she said that the person whom she's hoping will be the assistant is Mr. Jason - Alex's second swim teacher that told us his "real job" was working with special needs kids with ASD and ADHD - the one that was amazing with Alex!!! So you know we are delighted about that and have prayed about it numerous times already and would appreciate yours too!
Answered prayers:
Got a call from The Therapy Place where we want to take Alex for additional Speech and Occupational Therapy (incorporating food therapy) and they are on a wait list for therapy sessions - ugh! But wait, the lady sees that Alex is in afternoon kindie, are we available for some morning therapy sessions? YES we are, so today we're headed there today to take copies of Alex's evaluations, IEP and other random things. What a blessing that we have afternoon kindie so we can have M,W,F morning available to get some outside therapies!
I emailed with the director of Ice Skating lessons and she remembers us from the spring and is looking for Alex's registration (opens tomorrow!), so she can assign Ms. Lori to his session. Wow, I was blown away because I simply asked which session Lori was teaching so I could register Alex for that one and she replied saying that whatever session (time really) we register for, she's assign Lori to it! Blessings!
Okay, we're off to run some errands, thanks for reading my chattering!
1 year ago






7 comments:
God always has his plans laid out for us, and it sounds like he keeps a great eye out on Alex with all of these school and lesson issues! Blessings to you and him!
Awww I am glad to hear things are working out for your DS and what he needs!!!! God is GOOD!
glad to read that your little boy is getting what he needs and that everything works out. prayers for continued success!
What a great day for all of you!
I am so happy that things are working out for your sweet Alex. Life is good! :-)
So glad things are working out for you. Here's hoping to a wonderful kindergarten year!
I'm so happy to hear things are working out for you all!!! I know it's got to be tough, but with all of these wonderful people surrounding you...that's a blessing!!! You're in our prayers! So glad to hear Alex is doing well!! BTW... 3 1/2 isn't bad at all for potty training!!!
Post a Comment