Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Total random ramblings...

Such a slow weekend for us, but that was good. We went to the lake fishing - Alex was really excited to catch a fish on his Pirates of the Caribbean fishing pole that his PawPaw bought him:


The weather here is so nice that I have the windows open, but it's so windy here, just like being in Oklahoma, except next week we'll have snow I'm sure!

Look what came yesterday:

That's our deck, the cedar smells so good! (I know, I'm a freak!)

Our house looks naked, so I'm glad that they got started on the deck today - they got a lot done today, but I'll wait to take pics once they're gone (I'm sure they already think I'm watching them seeing as my hubby never put the blinds up on the sliding glass door and I spend half my day in the kitchen!).


So in my kitchen, this is what I'm working on:

Yep, the beginnings to some yummy salsa, I added black beans and some leftover corn that I shave off the cob, YUM! I'll be having chips and salsa as my dinner tonight!

The other thing I'm whipping up in the kitchen, a milkshake for my lil man:

What he doesn't know is there's a container of mixed veggies baby food mixed in his chocolate milk shake - hehe! I made him one on Sunday that he devoured, so today when he asked for a snack and when I presented him with another special treat, he was very excited!!

Speaking of foods NOT to eat, over at the j4k forum, April asks us a question of the day so that we can all get to know about each other and today's question was to list 5 things that you cannot eat. It was HARD for me because if you've seen my rear-end, you know there's not much that I don't eat. Mine were beets, brussels, chicken broccoli casserole (my dh's fave, he'd eat it every night if I'd fix it - I do fix it for him occassionally, but the smell of it makes me queezy!), tobasco sauce (I like hot sauce, but don't like the tobasco ones), and canned fish or meat. What dear blog readers, are your 5???

I've got two layouts that I've done the past two days that I need to scan, but it's feedin time for Alex again, so I'd better get thinging about some dinner!

Have a terrific Tuesday !

5 comments:

Jennifer Wiemann said...

I think I might vomit. That milkshake concoction sounds DISGUSTING!
I'd give you my top 5 but these days I can't eat anything! But...chicken and broccoli casserole sounds super yummy to me right now. Why don't you live here?

3 Great Girls said...

I was happy when I got the girls to eat the zuccinni cookies!
Ever since I got prego with Abby I cant eat most things I cook. I know that is so odd but the thought of touching raw meat makes me puke. But I can eat meat that someone else has prepared.

I also dont like raw celery, chicken or turkey gravy, or peach skin(have to peel the peach first)

Dawn said...

That salsa is looking very yummy!!
I guess foods that I do not like are any kind of seafood (even lobster & shrimp)-I even grew up on the New Enland coast and have lived in Florida and still do not like any kind of fish-YUCK!!, I also do not like beets, cooked carrots (love them raw),or cooked cabbage (like it raw).

Kristi said...

yum!! I need salsa!

carriefish said...

I like to hear your MN stuff--deck, great summer weather, fishing. It's getting me more excited for our move north! Probably won't snow next week, but I had my first flakes in October when I lived there :)