Monday, August 11, 2008

County fair...

After church yesterday, we headed to the county fair! It was fun!!

Alex loved riding down the big slides on burlap sacks:


His fave, the dragon roller coaster and he LOVES getting to ride in the very front:


Alex and Andy get on the Musik Machine:


It was very fun, but loooong, Andy said especially too long when going backwards!


It's a bird, it's a plane, no, it's my men way up high in the sky:


I went on 1 ride - when we got off Alex said, "that was dizzy!", yes it was:




Mr. Super slider:




We checked out the 4H animals.
Alex kept following this cow and looking at his privates - it was a boy cow, which greatly disappointed Alex, he wanted to milk a cow!


This goat loved everyone, especially when you got near the gate to leave, he wanted OUT of there!


On the way out, we stopped to look at some old cars:


I had to take this picture for my mom - we're in front of a Corvair, that was what her first car was, but hers was creme colored:



As we were driving out, we passed this sign and I yelled, "Stop, I want to get a picture of that sign" to Andy. Well, he pulled over, waited for the cars to all pass, and backed up for me to take this picture. Yep, he's coming around to indulging his crazy scrapbooking wife!!!




It was such a fun weekend and as we sat on our front porch last night enjoying the evening we talked about how thankful we are for all we've been blessed with. It was very Norman Rockwell, except with a green and purple stain-faced 5 year old slurping his Ninja Turtle popcicle from the ice cream truck!!

1 comment:

RHMandK Brown said...

I love your Norman Rockwell moment -- for all our fears this land of snow and ice is treating us gals pretty well, isn't it? Then again, I have forbidden anyone in South Dakota from mentioning the word WINTER. I dread it....but I'm so happy to see you guys settling in and having so much fun! You truly are blessed. Alex looks so handsome and grown up!