For those who don't know, Alex has been Educationally diagnosed on the autism spectrum and we wanted medical diagnosis, but the wait list is 9-12 months - our appointment was the 1st of December, but I told them we could come with a couple hours notice for a cancellation. They called Tuesday afternoon, hoping to fill a cancellation spot for Wednesday morning! I don't always know the Lord's reason for why He does things, but I'm sure there's a reason why the appointment for Medical Testing happened to be at the same day/time that we were supposed to be at the clinic for Food Therapy Testing. Of course we cancelled our Food Therapy appointment, which we cannot get in for another one until November.
Alex did a wonderful job during the long tests. He scores on the spectrum, so Medical Diagnosis is High Functioning Autism. The ladies asked how I felt, is this what I had expected, did I get what I wanted from them? I just answered "yes", but truly don't know how I feel. All I know is now that I have the medical form in my hand, I'm going to be able to get him everything that's available to us! It's going to be a long road, but Andy and I are ready to do all that we need to as Alex's parents - Andy's exact words were, "whatever it takes, however much it costs, you have free reign here, get him what he needs"!
We appreciate your prayers and happy thoughts, we'll keep you posted along the way of our journey!
1 year ago






6 comments:
Yeah for getting the appointment! Big Hugs, I know it can't be easy and I can imagine you probably have mixed feelings. I hope he responds well to treatment and can't wait to hear about all the progress he makes!
You all are in my thoughts & prayers! I'm glad that you will be able to get him what he needs! You're such a wonderful mommy!!
love ya!
Kristi
I am so happy that you got an appointment before the school year started so you will be able to get everything that Alex needs! God is so awesome! I am praying for you. You are the best mommy anyone could ever ask for. I love and miss you all so much. Give your sweet boy a HUGE hug from his Aunt Jenny!
What a bittersweet moment, but you're right....you knew it already, and now you just have more power, resources, and ability to get everything that it takes. What a blessed little boy to have parents like you two!
Wow Jonelle - I am so glad you were able to get the appt. and immediately have access to all Alex will need. He is a lucky guy to have you as his mommy!
It sounds as if you really lucked out to get your appointment moved up! I am glad you will be able to get him all the help he needs! He is lucky to have a great, supportive mom like yourself
Post a Comment